Sunday 8 May 2011

I need to reclaim my sleep.

I do love a good book. One that you makes you wake up an hour early just to get some extra reading time in before the day begins in earnest. Recently Robert Ludlum's books are cutting my nights sleep down quite considerably, I'm staying up later and getting up earlier just so I can cram as much immersion into the world of fictional espionage as possible. Whilst contemplating this semi-insomnia inducing phenomena I came to the conclusion that only novels that many would consider 'trashy' or 'silly' are the ones that keep me wide-eyed into the early hours. I read my fair share of non-fiction and 'proper' books but these never quite yield the power to keep me awake beyond my natural sleepy times. I have come to realise that I should not be ashamed of my reading habits (there is more than enough shame in my life) but proud that I am able to enjoy something that is relatively cheap, easy and non-disruptive with such an all encompassing feeling of joy, excitement and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment